"A Woman's Business" Conference 2016
October 26, 2016 -- 8 am - 3 pm
DiGiorgio Center - Dina's Place Theater
Rock Hill, SC 29733
An interactive seminar for women business owners and managers, and aspiring women entrepreneurs looking for mentoring, business advice, suggestions and creative input.
We'll touch on topics such as planning, marketing through video, financial concerns, woman-owned business certification, adapting to new challenges, how to lead, and lessons learned along the way to building a business and developing a networking/mentoring environment.
You'll have the opportunity to listen to and ask questions of a variety of women who own or manage businesses, from small retail establishments to women who have reached award-winning heights in business operation and recognition. You'll how they grew, what they've learned, how they handle the unexpected and how they propel themselves forward. You'll also have the opportunity to get suggestions from women as mentors or take advantage of the opportunity to become a mentor yourself.
- Laura Mahony, Winthrop University's "First Lady" ... Adapting to new situations
- Sara Cain, Owner of Synergy ... "Just Breathe"
- Melissa Gladden, Owner of Carolina Recruitment ... Being A Disruptive Woman (in a good way!)
- Louise Summey, Owner, Ellie Productions ... Video for Your Small Business
- Felicia Pope, VP Marketing & Development for ArrowPointe Credit Union ... The Role Credit Plays
- Garry James, Director of SC Office of Small & Minority Business ... Getting Woman-Owned Certification
- Dr. Debra Boyd, Winthrop Provost & Exec VP Academic Affairs ... Leadership: What I've Learned
- Danita Treiber, Owner of the new Southern Charms Event Venue ... Start-Up Lessons Learned
- Donna Medley, Owner, CovRing Day Spa & Chamber Sm Biz Person of the Year ... Lessons Learned As I Grew
- Carol Daly, SBDC .. "Let The Conversations Begin:" The Birth of a New Series of Conversations for Women. Conversation #1: "Why We Don't Network Well With the Boys"
Registration fee is $40 per person and includes lunch and an event t-shirt like you see here (for those who register no later than October 15th). REGISTER NOW to ensure seating.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There will be reserved parking for this event, and you will receive a Parking Pass via the email address you have entered here, as well as driving directions, on the Friday before the event.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
You may bring a laptop/tablet if you wish to use that for notes. You may also bring a camera or cell phone. Since we will be encouraging you to participate in our Instagram Contest during the day, you should also set up an Instagram account beforehand if you wish to participate.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Your ticket is transferrable if you will email us at WinthropRegionalSBDC@gmail.com with "Women's Business Conference Registration Change" in the subject line, and give us the email and telephone contact information for the person who will be taking your place. What is NOT transferrable in this case, would be a change in the t-shirt size as we will have only enough and the exact sizes as ordered originally.
If you need to call or see a map, click on the Registration link below for that additional information.
|With This Ring ... Favors, Gifts and Wedding Coordinator|
|Southpaw Screen Printing and Embroidery|