Friday, May 2, 2014
FREE Training in Transportation Careers Program
Need Training to Find a Job? This may be helpful, and if you're living in one of the seven counties mentioned, and it's free .....
2014 Transportation Careers Training Program
Applications accepted now through May 16, 2014
Training starts June 2, 2014 at York Tech Community College
The South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) (South Carolina Division Office) are pleased to announce the 2014 Transportation Careers Training Program (TCTP) will be managed by Construction Solutions Team, Inc. The program will allow up to thirty-five participants to receive the National Center for Construction Education and Research certification as well as other credentials.
Pre-employment Training will include OSHA 10 Hour Construction Standards, SCDOT Flagger Certification, Construction Math, Blue Print Reading, Site Layout, Job Readiness Skills, Basic Life Skills, Construction Basics, and more.
After successfully completing Pre-employment Training, fifteen participants will transition into Heavy Equipment Operator Training and fifteen participants will transition into Commercial Driver’s License Training.
All training costs will be covered by the SCDOT/FHWA program.
Applications will be accepted from individuals residing in the following seven counties:
Individuals must meet the following criteria:
• Unemployed, underemployed, minorities, women, and/or economically disadvantaged;
• A high school graduate or have obtained GED;
• Pass a pre-course drug test and submit to random screening;
• Have reliable transportation to and from the training site;
• Be physically able to withstand the rigors of the construction industry (this includes inclement weather, traffic, night work and heavy lifting); and
• Willing to travel at the conclusion of the program if hired by a highway construction contractor.
Get moving today! Your next job can be the start of an amazing career!!
For more about the 2014 Transportation Careers Training Program, and on Participant Responsibilities, please contact Sandy at (704) 807-2627 or e-mail at Sandy@ConstructionSolutionsTeam.com
Link for Application: http://d31hzlhk6di2h5.cloudfront.net/20140430/52/14/16/30/32a728cac39e6f9c8fdd3a21/2014_TCTP_Application.pdf?utm_campaign=SC+residents+get+your+career+moving%21&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=2014+TCTP+Application