Vet Entrepreneurs Focus on Leadership and Community
Veterans Symposium Releases Action Packed Agenda
Washington, DC, May 2013 – The Federal market is shifting due to shrinking budgets, new regulations, and the changing missions of agencies. At the 3rd Annual Veteran Entrepreneur Training Symposium (VETS2013) in Reno, Nevada, June 10-13, Vet Entrepreneurs will receive the latest news and information on how these trends will impact their business and identify ways to protect their company.
The focus of this unique Veteran Business Development event is the extraordinary variety of educational content for Veteran small business owners to choose from to meet their needs. As such, VETS2013 offers sessions for start-up/emerging Business owners with little or no experience in Federal procurement and/or business ownership, as well as for mid-tier/mature Veteran business owners who have already broken into the Federal marketplace and are seeking knowledge to grow. Hot Topics Breakouts include:
For Start-Up Businesses
· Introduction to Federal Contracting
· VA Verification Financing Options for Your Small Business
· GSA's Multiple Award Schedule Program
Ideal for Mature Businesses
· 2014 Healthcare Reform: Are you Paying or Playing?
· Growth Beyond Size Standards
· Identity Theft: Impact on Your Company
Breathtaking keynotes who have redefined leadership:
· Justin Constantine, Inspirational Speaker, will discuss the value of a positive attitude, teamwork and community values in overcoming adversity.
· Commander Kirk Lippold, USN (Ret.) tells us why integrity is key to success and how his Five Pillars of Leadership can help get the most out of your workforce.
· Tony Jimenez, President and CEO, MicroTech, tells his story on how he has grown his 9-year old business into a profitable quarter-billion dollar company.
· Andre Gudger, Director, OSBP, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense Acquisition, Technology & Logistics, shares the DoD OSBP goals and changes in DoD acquisition policies that will impact your Veteran-owned small business.
Power Networking: VETS Connect:
One-on-One Business Sessions - Schedule face-to-face business meetings. Suppliers may request 15-minutes meetings with potential Buyers of their product or services.
Industry Networking Roundtables: Informal, interactive discussions provide you the opportunity for learning, and professional networking with your peers from around the country. Share opinions, strategies, and tactics.
Other exceptional program highlights at VETS2013 include:
· Awards Luncheon: Celebrate the Champions of Veteran Enterprise that met or exceeded the 3% SDVOSB goal.
· Mobile Vet Center: The Reno Mobile Vet Center joins us to provide Veterans with vital, on-the-spot treatment and resources.