1. You will have to do extensive research before owning your business, but try not to spend forever doing it. Every day you spend researching is another day you do not earn money or have your business.
2. Because starting your own business can be overwhelming, don’t be scared to seek out a mentor to guide you through the process.
3. Set goals for yourself and for the business and mark important milestones; this will help you see how far you have come. (e.g. $X,XX the first month)
4. Don’t wait to turn you ideas into reality. Don’t just assume something will work, get it done right away and start receiving feedback from customers.
5. Focus more on finding solutions rather than stressing over problems. You should be aware of what went wrong in 2011, now think of ways to do things better with a fresh start.